Reddit user ethelraed asked users, "What did your Mom turn out to be right about?"
Here are 12 things moms were right about:
1. The best form of revenge is to be the better person.
2. Mean girls in middle school grow up to be mean women."
3. "You can't control what happens, only how you react."
4. "You don't have to be friends with anyone you don't want to."
5. "Feeling sorry for someone is not loving them."
6. "You'd worry less about what people think of you if you realized how little they do."
7. "Naps are awesome when you're an adult."
8. "You can't change a person."
9. "Time passes whether you attempt your goals or not."
10. "You won't have to try hard to get the right guy to notice you."
11. "Don't lose your mind over every little thing."
12. "You have to demand respect for yourself. It's rare that people just give it to you."
What was your Mom right about?
I was thinking about it this morning and although I can't remember the exact way she said it- my Mom told us NOT to get a credit card when we were first on our own. Sure, we didn't start building credit right away but neither my sister or I got into credit trouble either. Something I'm extremely grateful for.
Click here to read the full article from Huffington Post.