According to USA Today, the Mattress company Casper has begun a "Can't Sleep" campaign. They are encouraging people to call a hotline that offers sleep-deprived people some weird options to get back to sleep.
AdWeek reported that at 2 a.m., 15-second commercials for the campaign were aired on TNT, TBS and AMC to implore late-nighters to call this toll-free number: 888-890-2040. The commercials made no reference to the mattress company and featured strange images of sprouting plants and salmon jumping upstream, with the words "can't sleep" appearing on the screen.
Check out the ad below!
Just in case you don't feel like calling the hotline but want to know what the options are, here you go:
Those curious enough to call the hotline are greeted by a British man who asks callers to select one of nine options, or to stay on the line to speak with a mattress sales representative.
Callers can do the following:
- Press 1 to hear the sounds of the ocean.
- Press 2 to hear wind chimes blowing in the wind.
- Press 3 to travel back in time to the 1990s.
- Press 4 to undergo hypnosis.
- Press 5 for a motivational speech.
- Press 6 for a grandma who misses you.
- Press 7 to learn the history of the cocktail wiener.
- Press 8 to hear Jaleel White who played Steve Urkel on Family Matters sing you a lullaby.
- Press 9 to merge into the conference call with the marketing team who came up with this idea.