It's National Donut Day! So naturally you have to celebrate with some donuts! According to the Pioneer Press, here are all the places in the Twin Cities you can celebrate with a free or discounted donut:
- The Minnesota History Center (345 W. Kellogg Blvd.; minnesotahistorycenter.org) is combining the day with the 100th Anniversary of WWI. A major exhibit at the center explores stories of troops in the war as well as what was happening on the home front. An early-hours event will run from 7 to 10 a.m. and includes admission to the exhibit, WWI storytelling by humorist Kevin Kling, live music, costumed actors playing donut girls and a free doughnut from YoYo Donuts. Admission is $12 for adults, $10 for seniors, veterans, active military members or college students, $5 for children ages 5 to 17 and free for children younger than 4 and History Center members.
- Brand new Cardigan Donuts (40 S. Seventh St., #207, Minneapolis; cardigandonuts.com) in Minneapolis will make a special white chocolate raspberry bar just for National Donut Day, and the proceeds from the $3.50 doughnut will benefit the Salvation Army’s downtown Harbor Light shelter.
- Dunkin Donuts (4 Twin Cities locations; dunkindonuts.com) is offering a free classic doughnut with the purchase of any beverage.
- Tim Hortons (Mall of America and three Minneapolis locations, check timhortons.com) is also offering a free classic doughnut with the purchase of a brewed hot or iced coffee. Guests must mention National Donut Day to receive the offer.
- There’s even a way to celebrate if you can’t eat gluten! Gluten-free brewery Burning Brothers (1750 Thomas Ave., St. Paul; burnbrosbrew.com) will offer gluten-free doughnuts from Sift Bakery, and the Crazy Puppy Gourmet Workshop food truck will be serving as well. The brewery’s Rad Bromance Chocolate Raspberry Strong Ale will be available as the perfect accompaniment to the sweet treats. The brewery will be open from 2 to 10 p.m.
Kare 11 has some other deals too!
- Cub Foods is giving away a free donut to every customer, with no coupon or other purchase required.
- SuperAmerica customers can get a free glazed ring donut by showing this tweet at checkout.
- KwikTrip customers can send a text for a free donut coupon.