A woman in Maine, Michelle Carr, says that she bought some store-brand romaine lettuce and prepared a salad at home. She said she realized after a couple of bites her fork was stuck in a 3-inch lizard, minus the tail.
According to NY Post:
After vomiting and getting over her shock, she said she feared she could have ingested harmful bacteria. A biologist friend believes she found a blue-bellied lizard from California. The supermarket said the notified the supplier, and Carr also called the state Health Department. A spokesman said because the lettuce was packaged and shipped from another state, any investigation would be conducted by the Food and Drug Administration.