It's here! 🙌 From sweet to savory and everything in between, we're thrilled to introduce 27 official new foods and five new food vendors for the 2018 #mnstatefair! Learn all about 'em: https://t.co/uJzPQvtG05 pic.twitter.com/anayAKbNz8— Minnesota State Fair (@mnstatefair) June 19, 2018
The annual list of new @mnstatefair foods is one of the most anticipated announcements of the year! Which one will you try? https://t.co/dmvSZet10g #mnstatefair #kareatthefair pic.twitter.com/1GWY6GXPtc— KARE 11 (@kare11) June 19, 2018
The Minnesota State Fair has announced the new foods & food vendors that will be coming this year, and they look FANTASTIC! Check out the descriptions below! Click here to read more and see photos!
Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl from Cafe Caribe
- Ahi tuna, avocado, mango and pico de gallo tossed in a Hawaiin ginger-soy sauced served cold over rice with a fried wonton.
Bananas Foster French Toast from Hamline Church Dining Hall
- Cinnamon swirl French toast topped with sliced of fresh bananas in an orange-rum-flavored carmel sauce and finished with a dollop of whipped cream.
BBQ Split from Midtown Global Market's Mama D's
- Scoops of BBQ pulled pork, mac & cheese and coleslaw served side-by-side with a pickle spear. (Aug. 23-28 only)
- A blend of organic blueberries and rhubarb topped with a cornmeal biscuit and whipped cream.
- Fresh cauliflower pieces dipped in a seasoned batter, deep-fried and smothered in organic sesame BBQ sauce. Vegan and gluten-free.
- Gulf white shrimp tossed with lime, onion, black beans, tomato and fire-roasted corn in a garlic aioli, drizzled with cilantro-infused olive oil, stuffed in avocado halves and served open-face with flatbread.
- Battered and deep-fried chicken tossed in a sauce of ginger, garlic, soy sauce and Asian spices, with seasoned cream cheese and topped with wonton crisps and green onion, served on a flour tortilla. (Aug. 29-Sept. 3 only)
- Honey cream soda (made without sugar) poured over Minnesota Grown honey ice cream.
- Jumbo deep-fried tater tots made with a blend of corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, sour cream and potatoes drizzled with house-made Thousand Island dressing and nestled on a bed of sauerkraut.
- Mango-flavored shave ice drizzled with Mexican chamoy sauce, dusted with tajin chili powder, topped with popping mango boba pearls and served with a tamarind candy straw.
- A blend of seasoned ground beef and Italian pork sausage smothered in marinara, sprinkled with parmesan cheese and served on crusty Italian bread.
- Coarse ground beef and lamb sausage seasoned with herbs & sweet spices and a hint of red pepper, cooked with carrots, turnips and chick peas, and topped with sautéed onions and a green olive.
- Fresh-made waffle wraps in seven varieties: All-Day Breakfast, Berries & Cream, Cinna-Sugar Butter, Slammin' Salmon On-A-Stick, S'More, Turkey Chipotle Club and Vegetarian Viking.
- Thinly sliced fried pepperoni chips served with a warm roasted red pepper cheese sauce.
- Three scoops of ice cream sprinkled with fruity cereal and wrapped in a pillow of cotton candy. Hand-rolled on-site. Ice cream choices include Superman, vanilla, strawberry and chocolate.
- Fresh shrimp, cucumbers, jalapenos, onions, tomatoes and cilantro tossed with a citrus lime juice and served cold with tortilla chips.
- Flights of three slider sandwiches, each with a variety of toppings, available in three varieties: Brisket, Burger and Pulled Pork.
- Cold-smoked cream available in 2 flavors, all made on-site: Cold Brew Coffee and Muscovado Sugar Vanilla. Optional sauces available.
- Meatball sandwich with 3 traditional Swedish pork and beef meatballs topped with white gravy, lingonberry sauce and dill pickles.
- Flaky phyllo dough filled with feta and ricotta cheese, deep-fried, drizzled with honey and topped with powdered sugar.
- Choice of black forest cake, birthday cake or chocolate peanute butter cake, baked in a cup packed with Sassy Pecan toffee bits and served warm, topped with real whipping cream and more toffee bits.
- Dense chocolate cake with chocolate chips and fudge icing smothered with strawberries and whipped cream.
- A blend of turkey, duck and chicken served on a fennel bun and accompanied by a side of Giggles’ sweet and saucy relish. Gluten-free; no nitrates added.
- Porketta sausage, cheese curds, coarse grain mustard and chopped dill pickle baked in a puffy crust sprinkled with pepper and sea salt.
- Corn on-the-cob grilled over an oak wood fire, brushed with chile-spiced mayo and sprinkled with queso Cotija & fresh lime juice.
- Waffles blended with pepperoni and mozzarella, topped with a parmesan herb blend and served with pepperoni-infused maple syrup or marinara sauce.
- Peanut butter, cherry jelly and a hint of cayenne pepper and cilantro blended into a quarter-pound sausage.
- Serving cold brew coffees (including nitro cold brew, vanilla cream, caramel cream & chocolate cream), lattes (including vanilla, caramel, mocha & chai tea), fresh-brewed drip coffee and banana chocolate chip gluten-free muffins.
- Serving breakfast items, Slider Flights (Brisket, Burger and Pulled Pork), smoked turkey legs, smoked brisket sandwiches, jumbo burgers, bacon-wrapped pork belly, kids meals (hot dog, chicken nuggets, burger with fries or fruit), chicken-and-waffle ice cream split topped with candied bacon, fresh-squeezed lemonade, soda and craft beer.
- Serving mac & cheese, gluten-free mac & cheese, pulled pork sandwiches, the BBQ Split (scoops of BBQ pulled pork, mac & cheese and coleslaw served side-by-side with a pickle spear), and sweet tea. (Aug. 23-28 only)
- Serving Smokey Black Bean Tacos (black beans, Cotija cheese, pickled cabbage, chipotle sour cream and cilantro on a flour tortilla); Nacho Fries (breaded fries, black beans, cheese sauce, pickled jalapeños and cilantro with optional chorizo sausage); General Tso Chicken Tacos (battered and deep-fried chicken tossed in a sauce of ginger, garlic, soy sauce and Asian spices, with seasoned cream cheese and topped with wonton crisps and green onion, served on a flour tortilla); and a cold press coffee and horchata drink. (Aug. 29-Sept. 3 only)
- Serving fresh-made waffle wraps in seven varieties: All-Day Breakfast (egg, bacon & cheddar); Berries & Cream (raspberry & strawberry mixture with vanilla cream); Cinna-Sugar Butter (cinnamon, sugar & butter); Slammin’ Salmon On-A-Stick (Norwegian smoked salmon with cream cheese & green onions); S’More (marshmallow crème, crumbled graham crackers & Nutella); Turkey Chipotle Club (turkey, bacon & mixed greens with Sriracha mayo sauce); and Vegetarian Viking (black bean veggie burger, cheddar cheese, mixed greens & chipotle sauce). Also serving lemonade with blueberry or lingonberry saft.
Check out photos courtesy of the Minnesota State Fair below!