In a feature for "Elle" magazine, TAYLOR SWIFT says KIM KARDASHIAN's taunting put her in a "low" place . . . but that it ultimately helped her learn how to triumph over a bully.
She said, quote, "Disarming someone's petty bullying can be as simple as learning to laugh . . . a few years ago, someone started an online hate campaign by calling me a snake on the internet. "So many people jumped on board with it, [and it] led me to feeling lower than I've ever felt in my life . . . but I can't tell you how hard I had to keep from laughing every time my 63-foot inflatable cobra appeared onstage in front of 60,000 fans. "It's the equivalent of responding to a troll's hateful Instagram comment with 'LOL.' It'd be nice if we could get an apology from people who bully us, but maybe all I'll ever get is the satisfaction of knowing I could survive it."
This came from an essay Taylor wrote called '30 Things I Learned Before Turning 30' . . . which is appropriate because her 30th birthday is on December 13th.
Here are 10 more things she learned:
1. "Being sweet to everyone all the time can get you into a lot of trouble."
2. "I learned to stop hating every ounce of fat on my body."
3. "I learned not to let outside opinions establish the value I place on my own life choices."
4. 'When tragedy strikes someone you know in a way you've never dealt with before, it's okay to say that you don't know what to say."
5. "Vitamins make me feel so much better!"
6. "Before you jump in headfirst, maybe, I don't know . . . get to know someone!"
7. "I've had to learn how to handle serious illness in my family. She adds, quote, "It's taught me that there are real problems and then there's everything else." It's in this section that she reveals her mom's cancer has returned.
8. "I make countdowns for things I'm excited about."
9. "I'm finding my voice in terms of politics . . . Invoking racism and provoking fear through thinly veiled messaging is not what I want from our leaders."
10. "My mom always tells me that when I was a little kid, she never had to punish me for misbehaving because I would punish myself even worse . . . "Now I've come to a realization that I need to be able to forgive myself for making the wrong choice, trusting the wrong person, or figuratively falling on my face in front of everyone."
Here are all 30 and the full story