Social distancing can't stop us from fighting for healthy moms and babies who need us now more than ever. This year, #MarchForBabies is going virtual - so everyone, anywhere - can Step Up! with us
By joining March for Babies Step Up! you can fundraise in new, exciting ways, including through our new step-counting app and with fun virtual fundraising challenges.
To get Started:
- Register here at marchforbabies.org by clicking "JOIN THIS EVENT".
- After registering, download the app.
- Start stepping and share your story using #MarchforBabies and #MFBStepUp!
- Request pledges from friends and family via the app – don't be shy!
- Visit the app daily and watch for challenges to participate in throughout the campaign.
- And don’t forget to make your own donation!
By fundraising for March for Babies, you help support moms and babies during COVID-19 and beyond.
Your support helps:
- Research for COVID-19 treatments ensuring they are inclusive and safe for pregnant and lactating women.
- Fundraising and advocacy efforts needed to help those families impacted by COVID-19.
- Resources and training for doctors and nurses in the ICU and NICU who are fighting tirelessly for moms and babies every day.
- Development of educational materials for moms-to-be and families about what they should know to protect themselves.
During this time of urgency given the COVID-19 pandemic, the need for March for Babies to Step Up! its support is even more critical. Babies can’t wait. Moms can’t wait.
Thank you for Stepping Up for moms and babies!
COVID-19 is only compounding the current maternal and infant health crisis facing our nation. While much remains unknown about the virus and its effects on pregnant women, unfortunately, we know from past public health emergencies that pregnant and lactating women are often overlooked as interventions to prevent or treat the disease are developed and distributed. As we face this public health emergency together, it is more important than ever before that we continue to fundraise and rally to fight for the health of all moms and babies. We need your help now more than ever!
I want to reassure you that our March for Babies celebration is still on! We need your help in continuing to rally the community around our cause for healthier moms and babies. We rely heavily on the engagement and fundraising activities in the time leading up to our event to support research, advocacy, and programs dedicated to moms and babies. We are excited to share new, virtual ways for us to connect and fundraise in the coming weeks. We will share more details here and by emailing our participants.
And don’t forget - March of Dimes is here to serve as a resource for you, providing the latest information on COVID-19 on our webpage. You can also learn about our newly launched COVID-19 Intervention and Support Fund to ensure families stay informed about COVID-19, and that interventions are developed with moms and babies top of mind and then distributed so everyone across our country has access. Find more here.
ABOUT THE LOCAL EVENT
Please Email ADeegan@marchofdimes.org with any questions you may have. We will update the site as we know more about our new and exciting virtual format!
Don't forget to like and follow March of Dimes Minnesota on Facebook to stay up to date with all event information and highlights as we get closer and closer to the March! #MarchforBabies #GreaterTwinCities!