I found myself agreeing with almost every one of these- even though if you looked through my social media posts, you'd surely find examples of most of the "don'ts"...
Someone had a bunch of teenagers explain how to be "cool" on social media. Here are seven rules to follow. None of them are about Facebook- Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat are top priority.
1. Pay attention to your "following" to "followers" ratio. You should have at least twice as many followers. So if you're following a ton of people, delete them.
2. Only use hashtags ironically. Don't use them for any other reason. And stop saying "Throwback Thursday." Apparently it's lame now.
3. Make your videos short, and don't post too many. Like if you're at a concert, don't post 30 photos and videos to the same Snapchat Story. It's annoying and lame.
4. Don't post boring photos where you're just sitting around or lying in bed. Only post photos on Instagram and Snapchat when you're out doing something fun.
5. Don't end your posts with a ton of emojis. The max before you seem lame is three emojis per post.
6. Stop posting photos of food. You can do it every now and then, but not too often.
7. Don't post a ton of selifes. It makes you look like you have no friends.