Studies show that even brief breaks during the day can increase your focus and productivity.
Here’s how you can take breaks every day:
1) Step away from the screen. A brisk walk around the block or parking lot is much better for your brain than checking your Facebook feed.
2) Socialize. Talking to your co-workers will make you much happier about work than sitting at your desk and texting.
3) Take a break every 52 minutes. Research shows that a break every 52 minutes (or close to that) actually increases your productivity.
4) Eat. Not mindless eating, but stopping to enjoy a meal (especially one packed with protein) will help feed your mind as well as your stomach.
5) Just sit and be. Just sitting, turning off your mind and meditating/daydreaming will give your brain the re-charge it needs.