It’s April 15th, otherwise known as Tax Day! So after you wait in line to mail your return to the IRS, treat yourself to some stress relief with one of these discounts or freebies from some of your favorite restaurants
Tax Day Freebies:
- California Tortilla- Free chips and queso with any purchase when you say “1040.”
- Great American Cookies- Stop by today for one free Original Chocolate Chip cookie
- Hardee’s- They’re giving away free sausage biscuits this morning from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m., but you have to say “Made from scratch.”
- Office Depot/OfficeMax- They’ll shred up to five pounds of documents for free through April 27th withthis coupon.
- Planet Fitness- Now through April 20th, members and non-members can relax in available HydroMassage chairs with thiscoupon.
Tax Day Deals:
- Applebee’s- The drink of the month for April is the Strawberry Dollarita, which comes with a Twizzlers straw and only costs a buck.
- Boston Market- They’ve got a $10.40 Tax Day meal that includes a half chicken meal with two sides, cornbread and a drink.
- Dunkin- DD Perks loyalty members get a medium hot or iced coffee for just $1 today.
- Firehouse Subs- Get a free medium sub when you buy a medium or large sub, chips and a drink today through Wednesday with this coupon.
- Pizza Hut- Pick up a large two-topping pizza for $5.99 with online carryout orders.
- White Castle- Save 15% off your in-Castle order with this coupon.
(There are TONS of deals out happening today, check out the full list here.)
What would you do to avoid ever having to pay taxes again?
According to a WalletHub survey … 36% of respondents would move to a different country if it meant never having to pay taxes again, 24% would get an IRS tattoo, 16% would stop talking for 6 months, 15% would take a vow of celibacy, 11% would name their child “Taxes” and 2% would clean prison toilets for three years if it meant a tax-free future.
Things people like more than the IRS:
- Their in-laws – 42%
- Spiders and snakes – 21%
- Cold showers – 20%
- Sitting in traffic – 17%
What we’d rather do than pay our taxes:
- Jury duty – 50%
- Miss a connecting flight – 25%
- Talk to your kids about the birds and the bees – 21%
- Swim with shark – 13%
- Spend the night in jail – 11%
- Drink expired milk – 11%
Our biggest tax day fears:
- Making a math mistake – 31%
- Not having enough money – 28%
- Identity theft -- 24%
- Getting audited -- 17%