I think most people bought at least some supplies before this social distancing started. Whether you bought a little or a lot, let's see how your total dollars spent compares...
According to a Lending Tree poll:
- 63% of Americans purchased supplies to be prepared for the coronavirus outbreak.
- On average they spent $178.44, on things like food, alcohol, medication and cleaning products.
- For those with kids, the amount spent was $189.80, while those who earn over $100K spent an average of $219.90.
- The most popular products purchased include:
- Cleaning products (77%)
- Food (69%)
- Paper products (you know, toilet paper) (68%)
- Water (62%)
- Medication (47%)
- Alcohol (24%)
- Entertainment (13%)
Photo: Getty Images