Having one best friend is wonderful, but it’s hard to depend on just one person to check off all the boxes. That’s why having the support of a well-rounded group of friends is important. These are the must-have friends that will be there for you, no matter what you need.
- The Sisterly Friend- She’s your bestie from way back and knows who you had your first kiss with and who took you to prom. Nobody knows you quite like she does and she brings you back to your truest self.
- The Friend Who Listens- This person actually takes in what you say - without judgment - and then does what she can to help you fix the problem.
- The Friend With Similar Hobbies- Sharing interests is important and that’s why you love this BFF who loves yoga, sports, movies, or books as much as you do. Having her means you don’t have to irritate your other friends by talking about a subject they don’t know -or care- about.
- The Up-For-Anything Friend- She’s always looking for the next new adventure and wants you to join her. She pushes you to challenge yourself, helps you stay social and discover new experiences.
- The Tough-Love Friend- When you need to be called out, she’s the one you can count on to tell you the honest truth, even when you don’t want to hear it. She’s not afraid to tell it like it is and you trust her judgment like no one else.
- The Coworker-Turned-Friend- Having a work BFF makes your day so much better. She understands your office bubble like no one else and you can’t imagine your 9 to 5 without her.
- The Best Guy Friend- Sometimes you need a guy’s perspective and he helps balance out all the women in your life, too.
Photo: Getty Images