A recent survey finds that 77% of people say mosquitoes have interrupted their summer activities.
There are several reasons why some people get more bites than others. According to research, mosquitoes are attracted to:
According to research, mosquitoes are attracted to:
- People with higher body temperatures.
- People who are active during exercise, because they produce more carbon dioxide and sweat containing lactic acid, and have higher body temperatures.
- People with higher concentrations of steroids or cholesterol on their skin’s surface.
- People with higher levels of stress (they can detect hormones related to stress).
- Pregnant women because of their higher body temperatures and production of more CO2.
- People wearing dark clothes, like reds, blacks and blues.
- Alcohol drinkers because blood vessels dilate, increasing skin temperature. Also, ethanol content in sweat attracts them.