There is a Christmas present I've been waiting to buy for 24 days now. I'm waiting for a discount, a coupon code, a Black Friday deal...anything to save some money on this bigger ticket item. Still no luck but I plan to win this game of discount chicken :)
How long are you willing to put off a purchase for a good deal?
When it comes to holiday shopping most people love a good bargain, and it turns out folks are wiling to wait to make sure they get a good one.
A new survey conducted by OnePoll on behalf of the shopping app Flipp finds;
- 64% of Americans will stalk and item in the hopes it will go on sale.
- The average bargain hunter will wait an extra eight days to buy something in case the price may drop.
- Half of those looking for a deal will check on a specific item at least once a day to see if it gets marked down.
- But it doesn’t always work, with 59% of price stalkers missing out on an item because it went out of stock while waiting.
But price-stalking is only one way folks attempt to save money on holiday shopping.
- Other top money saving strategies include:
- Shopping sales (63%)
- Using coupons (57%)
- Buying in bulk (42%)
- Subscribing to store newsletters to receive discounts (48%)
- Taking advantage of rebate programs (48%)
- Taking advantage of cash back credit card rewards (47%)
- Price comparison apps or browser extensions (44%)
- Filling up your cart to see if you’re offered a discount incentive to purchase (43%)
- Thrifting gently-used items (40%)