It's the weekend! Let's kick off the fun by talking about salad!? Yeah, it might not be your go-to food for the next couple days but maybe you can use this info for next week's meals??
According to a recent poll, the average American eats four salads a week.
Someone put out a comprehensive ranking of 14 salad varieties, and here it is:
1. Caesar salad.
2. Taco salad.
3. Nicoise salad, which usually has tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, green beans, olives, and anchovies or tuna, dressed with olive oil or a vinaigrette.
4. Cobb salad, with eggs and bacon.
5. Spinach salad.
6. Caprese, which usually includes mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and olive oil.
7. Wedge salad, with blue cheese.
8. Greek salad.
9. Fruit salad.
10. "Bound" salads, with chicken, tuna, egg, potato.
11. Waldorf salad . . . generally made with apples, celery, walnuts, grapes, and mayo on a bed of lettuce.
12. Chef's salad, which usually has cold cuts and cheese.
13. Boring garden or house salads.
14. Jell-O salad. (Here's the classic clip of Jim putting Dwight's stapler in Jell-O on "The Office".)