"The Voice" returns this month along with Blake Shelton. He's still the only coach to appear on every season over the past 11 years. But what about country singers who've been CONTESTANTS?
Here are nine country stars who got REJECTED by shows like "The Voice" and "American Idol" back in the day . . .
1. Maren Morris. She failed to make the cut on "The Voice" AND "Idol". She says it was a blessing in disguise though.
2. Luke Combs. He got rejected by "The Voice", but not because he didn't have chops. They told him he wasn't "interesting" enough for the show.
3. Hillary Scott from Lady A. She auditioned for "Idol" twice.
4. Kane Brown. He tried out for "The X Factor" and also "American Idol".
5. Mickey Guyton. She tried out for "Idol" and barely missed the Top 24.
6. Laine Hardy, but he doesn't really count. Yes, he missed the cut on Season 16 of "American Idol" . . . but then he WON Season 17.
7. Jimmie Allen. He auditioned for Season 10 of "Idol".
8. Colton Swon from the Swon Brothers. He got cut from "Idol" . . . but then he and his brother placed third on Season 4 of "The Voice".
9. Chris Lane. He and his twin brother Cory tried out for Season 7 of "Idol" in 2008. They made it on TV, but it didn't go well.