This is one of those studies that doesn't apply to me. I really love fashion and putting together an outfit. BUT, if you're a trendy dresser, you're bound to have more than a few misses in the 'fit department and looking back at photos will produce many "what the hell was I wearing" moments. Regardless, it's one of my things.
A new study found that the average person gives up trying to be trendy at the age of 35.
Here are some other stats from the study:
1. 37% of people are overwhelmed by the volume and speed of fashion trends.
2. 38% don't have the confidence to try the hottest styles.
3. 49% struggle to strike a balance between "trendy" and "age appropriate" . . . and 58% feel too old to wear certain clothing.
4. 38% of people say they feel "judged by others" when trying to stay ahead of the fashion curve.
5. Other reasons that people don't bother with fashion trends include: They're not a fit for their body type . . . they don't know how to style what's "in-season" . . . and it's "too expensive" to keep up with the constant churn.