I was always told a girl with a drink in her hand always tells the best stories. Ask anyone that knows me, I am quite the storyteller :)
With it being colder than Antarctica here in Minnesota today I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite drinks to keep you warm. Your welcome in advance.
Drunk Jack Frosties
1 c. vodka
1 c. champagne
½ c. blue curacao
½ c. lemonade
3 c. ice
White Sanding Sugar
- In a blender, combine vodka, champagne, blue curacao, lemonade and ice. Blend until combined.
- Run a lemon wedge around the rim of each glass then dip in sanding sugar.
- Pour frosties into rimmed glasses and serve immediately.
Mudslide Hot Chocolate
2 c. whole milk
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
6 oz. chocolate chips
1/4 c. Baileys
1/4 c. vodka
1/4 c. Kahlua
Whipped cream, for serving
Chocolate Sauce, for serving
crushed oreos, for serving
- Bring milk to a simmer in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in cocoa powder and sugar and stir until no lumps remain. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is completely melted. Turn off heat.
- Pour chocolate sauce in a small dish. Dip cups in the chocolate to rim the cup. Pour hot chocolate into each glass, then top with whipped cream. Garnish with crushed Oreos and drizzle more with chocolate sauce.
Hot Buttered Rum
BUTTERED RUM BATTER
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 c. vanilla ice cream, softened
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. apple cider
1 c. rum
- Make the Buttered Rum Batter: In a mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in ice cream and cinnamon, then spoon into a large mason jar or Tupperware container. Store in freezer until mostly hardened, about 2 hours (or store there until you’re ready to serve drinks).
- Make the Drinks: In a large saucepan, heat cider until boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and pour into a pitcher or easy-to-serve container.
- Place about 2 tbsp of the buttered rum batter into each mug. Fill about 1/3 of the way up with rum, then top with hot apple cider. Stir and serve.
Black Cherry Bourbon Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 5 tbsp Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Hot Chocolate Mix Or mix of your choice
- 2 oz. Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon by Jim Beam
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and hot chocolate mix over medium - high heat until it starts to steam (do not boil).
- Stir frequently.
- Pour 1 oz. of black cherry bourbon into each cup.
- Evenly divide hot chocolate between the two cups.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings