Only In Your State gives a very accurate list for awkward moments that every Minnesotan has endured at least once! Check it out below:
- Having to explain that St. Paul is the capital
--Minneapolis may get all the glory, but St. Paul is indeed the capital. It's a fact that baffles many outsiders, who automatically assume otherwise.
- Trying to explain to out-of-town visitors that Mall of America is just like any other mall
--We love Mall of America, but sometimes it's hard to explain that it's just like any other mall.
Accidentally insulting Wisconsin in front of a Wisconsinite
--They’re meant with more of a neighborly rivalry than any real malice…
- Being asked to pronounce certain words by non-Minnesotans
--No, we will not say "boat" again. Or "milk." Or anything that rhymes with those words.
- Having to ask a stranger to jump your car
--Luckily, most people are nice about jumping your car or helping you through a slippery intersection.
- Trying to go to a liquor store on a Sunday
--Luckily, this is changing very soon!
- Slipping on an icy sidewalk
--With such rough winters, it's bound to happen. And no matter who's around, it's always an embarrassing moment.
- Eating the last piece of anything
--Without fail, as soon as we've finished our last bite, we'll find out someone else wanted it. Oops.
- Following an out-of-town guest to their car when they leave
--We've had to learn the hard way that a long goodbye is not commonplace everywhere.
- Cheering for the losing team
--Everyone loves an underdog, right? Minnesotans have certainly proven that they do. We always root for our teams, even when they've let us down again and again.
- Having to explain that Fargo is not in Minnesota
--Classic movie aside, "Fargo, Minnesota," just does not sound right.
- Dressing inappropriately for the weather
--You'd think we would have seasonal dressing down, but it's hard with weather as crazy as ours.
Photo: Getty Images