Surly's primer for out-of-towners covers everything people should know if visiting Minnesota for the very first time.
- Please enjoy Nicollet Mall. It took us 12 years to finish the thing.
- Please enjoy US Bank Stadium. We built it on top of our old stadium. It would deflate when it snowed. It snowed a lot.
- Please enjoy the Mall of America. We built it on top of our other old stadium. That team went to a lot of Super Bowls! Don’t ask us any questions beyond this!
- Please enjoy First Avenue. It’s an old Greyhound bus station. Prince and some other local kids made it a church.
- The elevated sidewalks that connect downtown buildings are called skyways. One visitor called them “skybridges” and his body never was found.
- Tom Brady’s grandma is from Browerville. To get there, get on 94 and go west for a couple hours. Not on Fridays, though; it’s a total shitshow with a bunch of guys named Dale towing pontoons or snowmobiles. Take the Glenwood/Sauk Centre exit and go north on US 71. You’ll hit Browerville in about a half-hour. The Muni is probably open if you need a Heggie’s Pizza.
See the rest of Surly's primer here.
Photo credit: Surly Brewing via Twitter