You've probably noticed that everything costs more now. Some of these increases or new charges have been put in place since the pandemic. Some are apparently a result of inflation. But some seem like they're independent of either of these factors and I have no idea how or why they started.
- Choosing your seat on an airplane. If you don't want the middle seat, you might have to pay more. I prefer the aisle.
- Using the pool at a hotel. Some hotels make you pay more to use it or charge a resort fee. If you arrive early before check in time, you might have to pay extra to be by the pool.
- Charges at restaurants like kitchen appreciation fees...whatever that is.
- Seeing a movie the day it comes out. I haven't seen that yet but it's an interesting idea.
- Filling your tires at a gas station. The place where I fill up still has free air. I use my air compressor.
Photo credit: VICHAILAO iStock