Nobody wants to have to deal with getting to their destination without their bags, and it turns out there’s a better chance of that happening with some airlines and airports rather than others.
- Well, a new report by Price4Limo is out revealing the worst airlines and airports for lost luggage this year.
- Overall, 55% of people say they’ve had an airline lose their luggage at one time or another, with only 34% getting them back.
- This could be why 78% of people are worried about checking bags.
- When it comes to national airlines, American Airlines was guilty of losing the most luggage this year, about 850 per 100,000 pieces of luggage.
- Southwest lost the least of the major airlines, just 380 per 100,000.
Top 5 National Airlines With The Most Lost Luggage in 2022
- American (850 per 100,000)
- JetBlue (670 per 100,000)
- Alaska (640 per 100,000)
- United (620 per 100,000)
- Delta (540 per 100,000)
Airports With The Most Lost Luggage This Year
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Harry Reid International Airport (Las Vegas)
- San Diego International Airport
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Las Angeles International Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- Philadelphia International Airport
- Tampa International Airport
Photo: Getty Images