Even though it felt like things got more expensive in 2022, it turns out that some things actually got cheaper and you know we're 100% here for things costing less than they originally did!
Here are six things that actually went down in price (for the most part) in 2022:
- Toys - Sales experts say because of shortages last year that many stores have lowered prices to sell the excess stock they have to compensate for last year.
- Window treatments - Fewer people are buying homes this year and because of that prices on window treatments are much cheaper while retailers adjust to less demand.
- Fertilizer - Prices on fertilizer are down over 12% since late August and this decrease will lead to lower food prices over time.
- Solar panels - Solar technology has become much more affordable in recent years and thanks to government subsidies and credits installing solar has become even more effective. In fact, the price of a typical installed solar panel system has dropped to an all-time low in 2022.
- Washers and dryers - While these major appliances may still be slightly more expensive than they were a year ago, their price has decreased overall this year. The cooling housing market gets credit for that.
- Furniture - With fewer people buying houses, fewer people are buying large pieces of furniture, so retailers may be discounting sofas, dining room sets and bed frames to make up for lower demand.