Over the last few days, TONS of local and national events have been cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic. At this point, the NHL, MLS, NBA and MLB seasons are postponed, NCAA tournaments have been cancelled and even Disney Land and Disney World are closing.
There's also a large running list of local events that have been cancelled. Below are events that have been cancelled or postponed in the Twin Cities.
- Jason Aldean at Xcel Energy Center rescheduled for August 8th
- Dan + Shay at Target Center rescheduled for August 29th
- Reba at Xcel Energy rescheduled for July 23rd
- LANCO at the Fillmore postponed for a TBD date
- Kenny Chesney at U.S. Bank Stadium postponed for a TBD date
- LuckyPalooza has been CANCELLED
- St. Paul St. Patrick's day parade has been CANCELLED
- NCAA wrestling tournament at U.S. Bank Stadium has been CANCELLED
- NCHC at Xcel Energy Center has been CANCELLED
- No more in restaurant dining will be allowed after 5pm on March 17th until at least March 27th
- Curbside pick-up and delivery will still be allowed
- Taverns, brew pubs, breweries, clubs, bowling alleys, theaters, museums, spas, golf clubs and fitness centers will also close as of 5pm on March 17th. Click here to see a full list of the types of businesses that will close at 5pm on March 17th.
- Schools K-12 will close on March 18th until at least March 30th
- Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America will close to the public on Wednesday, March 18th
City Pages has even more events that have been rescheduled, postponed or cancelled. Click here to see them.
WCCO also has a list of events that have been cancelled, which you can see here.