When you're dating, someone's dog can be a deal maker or breaker. Well, according to therapists and pet experts, there are 6 types of dog breeds that mean the owner would make a good romantic partner. According to BestLife:
- English mastiff: "Loving a giant bread teaches us patience, which is so needed in a romantic relationship,” says Becky Morrison, a mental health nurse practitioner.
- Golden retriever: "Golden retrievers are a dog breed that attracts the kindest people," says Jen Jones, founder of Your Dog Advisor, a blog for dog owners.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel: "Gentle breeds like the Cavalier King Charles are often owned by kind souls and those with a lot of empathy," says veterinarian Linda Simon.
- Border Collie: These herding dogs require an owner who has the patience for a very active dog that requires both physical activity and a lot of mental stimulation. Having that kind of patience and dedication bodes well for human relationships.
- Cuban Havanese: These dogs are nicknamed “Velcro” dogs because they stick by their owner no matter what. These dogs want to be right by your side and an owner who chooses a dog like that will surely stick by your side as well.
- Mutts: People who rescue shelter dogs certainly have big hearts and lots of love to give. Sounds pretty great in a romantic partner, we’d say.
Hopefully your dog made the list & you'll get lucky in love!