Have you finalized your bracket(s)? Whether you stick to a single set of picks or submit multiple entries, the NCAA Tournament is here, and it's the most exciting time of the year for sports fans. To help you navigate the tournament, here are some stats and insights that might improve your chances of winning your pool or simply add to the fun:
- The highest-scoring team is Gonzaga, averaging 87.5 points per game, while the lowest-scoring team is Northwestern, averaging 67.7 points per game.
- Arizona is the fastest team, with 72.9 possessions per game, while Virginia is the slowest team, with 62.4 possessions per game.
- Texas A&M Corpus-Christi has the best free-throw shooting percentage at 79.9%, while Colgate has the worst at 65.9%.
- Colgate is the best 3-point shooting team, with a 40.9% success rate, while Texas Southern is the worst at 29.1%.
- Penn State is the most experienced team, with an average of 4.01 seasons, while Fairleigh Dickinson is the least experienced, with an average of 0.62 seasons.
- Duke is the tallest team, with an average height of 79.3 inches, while Fairleigh Dickinson is the smallest, with an average height of 73.4 inches.
- TCU and FAU have the deepest bench, with 39.0% of minutes played by non-starters, while Kansas has the thinnest bench, with only 18.1% of minutes played by non-starters.
Whether you use these stats to inform your picks or simply enjoy the tournament for its excitement and unpredictability, I hope you have a great time watching the next few weeks unfold!