Servers on Reddit have spilled the beans on some of the most bizarre demands they've ever encountered. Get ready to raise your eyebrows and share a collective "What?!" Let's dive into these moments:
- The Lickable Plates: Picture this - a couple who refused to have their empty plates bussed. The gentleman had a peculiar desire to lick them clean before they were taken away. And yes, he actually went ahead and did it. No judgment, but that's definitely not your average dining etiquette.
- The Waist Wrap: A regular customer, known for a mishap from 15 years ago, requested a tablecloth to wrap around his waist after soiling himself. They say loyalty has no bounds, right?
- Microwaved Lettuce: Here's a customer who sent back a grilled chicken salad because it was cold. Fair enough, right? Well, not quite. They proceeded to cook more chicken, but the complaint remained - the salad itself was still cold. The only logical solution? Microwaving the lettuce. Bon appétit?
- Gender Reveal at Chili's: Believe it or not, two avid Chili's fans requested their server to play a role in their gender reveal. The server at Chili's suddenly became part of an unexpected celebration. Talk about a memorable shift!
- Boneless Bone-In Wings: We all have our preferences, but this customer took it to a new extreme. They ordered bone-in wings and then asked if the chef could kindly remove all the bones. Who needs bones when you have wishful thinking, right?
- Soy Sauce Fizz: At a Japanese restaurant, a customer demanded low-sodium soy sauce. Nothing unusual there, except for the fact that he proceeded to pour it into his Pepsi. Now, that's one way to create an unconventional flavor combination.
- The L.T.: A customer decided to give the classic B.L.T. sandwich a twist by requesting it without bacon or tomato. So essentially, just lettuce between two slices of bread. Innovation at its finest?
- The Purple Ban: Sometimes, customer requests can leave you scratching your head. Case in point: a guy who ordered a salad with one simple instruction - "No purple." I'm left wondering, is purple a food group I missed?
- A server at a seafood place claimed to have waited on Flavor Flav. His order? A generous plate of cucumbers. Yes, cucumbers. That's what you call a healthy appetite. Bonus: According to another commenter, Flavor Flav visited an Italian restaurant and requested a well-done steak with ketchup.
Until next time, may your shifts be filled with delicious food and customers who are just the right amount of quirky. Cheers to the heroes of the hospitality industry!